Apple Pear Pie Recipe
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3 medium ripe pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon whole milk
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim to 1 in. beyond edge of plate. In a large bowl, combine the pears, apples, 1 cup sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg. Transfer mixture to crust; dot with butter.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; cut slits or decorative cutouts in pastry. Place over filling; trim, seal and flute edges. Add decorative cutouts if desired. Brush with milk; sprinkle with remaining sugar. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake 30-35 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Apple Pear Pie
Sort By :
"I made this last night and it turned out amazingly well. There are a few things I would do differently but they all have to do with the crust and not the filling for the pie. I loved how thinly the fruit was suggested to be sliced. I would definitely make this pie again!"
"Delicious and super simple to make."
"delicious and easy to make"