Apple Pear Pie Recipe
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3 medium ripe pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon whole milk
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim to 1 in. beyond edge of plate. In a large bowl, combine the pears, apples, 1 cup sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg. Transfer mixture to crust; dot with butter.
- 2. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; cut slits or decorative cutouts in pastry. Place over filling; trim, seal and flute edges. Add decorative cutouts if desired. Brush with milk; sprinkle with remaining sugar. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake 30-35 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 438 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 244mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Apple Pear Pie
"I made this last night and it turned out amazingly well. There are a few things I would do differently but they all have to do with the crust and not the filling for the pie. I loved how thinly the fruit was suggested to be sliced. I would definitely make this pie again!"
"Delicious and super simple to make."
"delicious and easy to make"