Apple Pear Pie Recipe
This fruit pie, brimming with apples and pears, really says "fall." What a yummy way to use your backyard bounty or the pickings from local orchards! I've made plenty of pies over the years, and this is a real standout. —Grace Camp, Owingsville, Kentucky
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3 medium ripe pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon whole milk
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim to 1 in. beyond edge of plate. In a large bowl, combine the pears, apples, 1 cup sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg. Transfer mixture to crust; dot with butter.
- 2. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; cut slits or decorative cutouts in pastry. Place over filling; trim, seal and flute edges. Add decorative cutouts if desired. Brush with milk; sprinkle with remaining sugar. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake 30-35 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 438 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 244 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Apple Pear Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC