Apple Pear Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/4 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled pear
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Fold in apples and pear. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle over batter.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 piece: 313 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 342mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Apple Pear Coffee Cake
"This came out fantastic. Moist and tasty."
"Great coffee cake. Very moist"
"I followed the recipe exactly and although it tastes great, I didnt have the same crumb topping. It seems like all the crumbb toppin I sprinkled over the top sank to the bottom :-("
"I followed the recipe as stated except used only 2 granny smith apples and added cinnamon and nutmeg to the apples. It turned out soft and delicious. The topping was a little too sweet to our tastes. Other than that, this is a great recipe."
"Absolutely. I was out of baking powder so i left it out. I also used 1 cup of nonfat greek yogurt instead of sour cream. It tasted much better once it cooled for a half an hour."
"Very good! It was done a little earlier than the recipe said."
"I chose to make some changes to this recipe based on comments and preference. I substituted 1 cup of wheat flour instead of 2 cups of all-purpose. I also used 1 cup buttermilk substitute instead of the 1 cup of sour cream to cut down the fat. I know it changed the composition of the coffee cake but it was still good. I also added about 1 tsp. of cinnamon to the batter with the apples and pears. I would make this again, with the substitutions used this time. It's a nice change from a plain coffee cake."
"Very good. Substituted 1/2 of the flour with whole wheat flour. Added nutmeg and used canned pears in pear juice and 1 Gala apple...very good. Definitely a keeper."
"This is an absolute family favourite!! I substitute in 1 cup of whole wheat flour to make just a bit more healthy. Extremely moist and very, very yummy!!"
"I tasted this first when a friend made it for me and I just HAD to have the recipe. It's truly the most delicious coffee cake I've ever had. I think of coffee cakes as somewhat dry and bready. Not this one. My family just attacks this when I make it. So delish!"