A friend gave me this recipe to make for a breakfast I was hosting. The pan was empty before the breakfast was over! It's one of my most-requested recipes, probably because it's a bit different. -Joanne Hoschette, Paxton, Massachusetts
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/4 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled pear
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Fold in apples and pear. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Apple Pear Coffee Cake in Taste of Home February/March 2003, p29
Reviews for Apple Pear Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review