Apple Pear Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/4 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled pear
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Fold in apples and pear. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Apple Pear Coffee Cake
Sort By :
I followed the recipe as stated except used only 2 granny smith apples and added cinnamon and nutmeg to the apples. It turned out soft and delicious. The topping was a little too sweet to our tastes. Other than that, this is a great recipe.
Absolutely. I was out of baking powder so i left it out. I also used 1 cup of nonfat greek yogurt instead of sour cream. It tasted much better once it cooled for a half an hour.
Very good! It was done a little earlier than the recipe said.
I chose to make some changes to this recipe based on comments and preference. I substituted 1 cup of wheat flour instead of 2 cups of all-purpose. I also used 1 cup buttermilk substitute instead of the 1 cup of sour cream to cut down the fat. I know it changed the composition of the coffee cake but it was still good. I also added about 1 tsp. of cinnamon to the batter with the apples and pears. I would make this again, with the substitutions used this time. It's a nice change from a plain coffee cake.
Very good. Substituted 1/2 of the flour with whole wheat flour. Added nutmeg and used canned pears in pear juice and 1 Gala apple...very good. Definitely a keeper.