Apple Pear Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/4 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled pear
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Fold in apples and pear. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Apple Pear Coffee Cake
Sort By :
"This came out fantastic. Moist and tasty."
"Great coffee cake. Very moist"
"I followed the recipe exactly and although it tastes great, I didnt have the same crumb topping. It seems like all the crumbb toppin I sprinkled over the top sank to the bottom :-("
"I followed the recipe as stated except used only 2 granny smith apples and added cinnamon and nutmeg to the apples. It turned out soft and delicious. The topping was a little too sweet to our tastes. Other than that, this is a great recipe."
"Absolutely. I was out of baking powder so i left it out. I also used 1 cup of nonfat greek yogurt instead of sour cream. It tasted much better once it cooled for a half an hour."