Apple Pear Cake Recipe
When my sister Catherine made an apple cake for me, I asked her for the recipe. I made it a short time later and added some pears to the recipe, since we have pear trees on our acreage. The cake was very moist and tasted so good. Now every time I make it, people want my recipe. —Mary Ann Lees, Centreville, Alabama
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 1 hour YIELD:12-15 servings
- 2 cups shredded peeled tart apple
- 2 cups shredded peeled pears
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups canola oil
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Combine dry ingredients; stir into the fruit mixture.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For frosting, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' and butter until smooth. Beat in the milk and vanilla; frost cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 613 calories, 30 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 306 mg sodium, 84 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC