Apple Pear & Walnut Conserve
Fruit and walnuts pair beautifully in this homemade spread. It’s wonderful on toast, pound cake…even scoops of vanilla ice cream.
64 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Process: 10 min.
- 4 cups finely chopped peeled tart apples
- 4 cups finely chopped peeled ripe pears
- 3 clementines, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 packages (1-3/4 ounces each) powdered fruit pectin
- 6 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, bring the apples, pears,
- clementines and lemon juice to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce
- heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until fruit is tender,
- stirring occasionally.
- Stir in pectin. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in sugar and cinnamon; bring to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1
- minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Stir in walnuts. Ladle hot
- mixture into hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in.
- headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process
- for 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 8 half-pints.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 95 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium,