- 4 cups finely chopped peeled tart apples
- 4 cups finely chopped peeled ripe pears
- 3 clementines, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 packages (1-3/4 ounces each) powdered fruit pectin
- 6 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, bring the apples, pears, clementines and lemon juice to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until fruit is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in pectin. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar and cinnamon; bring to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Stir in walnuts. Ladle hot mixture into hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 8 half-pints.
Originally published as Apple Pear & Walnut Conserve in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2012, p59
Reviews for Apple Pear & Walnut Conserve(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review