From Ali Lowell, this memorable medley is treated to a delicious curry dressing. "My mom and I have been tossing together this salad for years," she writes from Winchester, Massachusetts.
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) fresh baby spinach
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chutney
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, apple, raisins and peanuts. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Apple Peanut Spinach Salad in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p20
Reviews for Apple Peanut Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 12, 2011
"I ALWAYS make this salad when I am asked to bring something. It is the best & impresses everyone!"
Reviewed Nov. 18, 2010
"I make this ALL the time! I LOVE it & everywhere I take it I get raves!"