- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup grated peeled apple
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in apple.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Apple Peanut Butter Cookies
Sort By :
"I'd double the number of stars if I could, these cookies are THAT delicious! Apples with peanut butter has been one of my favorite foods since I was a kid. So, had to make these cookies ASAP! When putting them on the pans, I flattened half of them with a fork dipped in sugar like old-fashioned peanut butter cookies. Followed the directions for the other half. Our family is divided on which they prefer. Personally, I liked the "dropped" version a little more because of the crispy-soft contrast. Also thought the apple flavor came out a little more in that version. Definite keeper!"
"I just chopped the apple finely, rather than grating and I think the apple taste is perfect."
"I'm not a peanut butter cookie fan but needed to use up some old apples. I made these and I was astounded by how good they were. I will definitely be making them again and again!"
"I got rave reviews when I brought these to work. I do have an issue-I used a cup of apples and still didn't taste apple. The cookie is very moist and has good flavor, but there isn't an apple taste."
"Just like everyone else has reviewed, mu husband and friends were skeptical of peanut butter and apple, but one bite, and they are hooked!!! I doubled the recipe and used a whole apple, chopped. Some friends said I should add even more apple! Super moist! These will be added to my Christmas cookie list."