- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup grated peeled apple
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in apple.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Apple Peanut Butter Cookies
Sort By :
Just like everyone else has reviewed, mu husband and friends were skeptical of peanut butter and apple, but one bite, and they are hooked!!! I doubled the recipe and used a whole apple, chopped. Some friends said I should add even more apple! Super moist! These will be added to my Christmas cookie list.
Easy and great tasting. I made them sugar-free using Splenda, Splenda brown and natural peanut butter so my diabetic husband could eat them. They won't last long.
I also used a whole apple, chopped finely, and added a little extra cinnamon. So easy and delicious!
I just made these cookies, no chunky peanut butter but I added 1/2 c.chopped pecans and 3/4 c. Shredded apple and with a lite cream cheese drizzle icing.
I made these cookies but altered the recipe by using a 1/4 cup grated apples and a 1/4 cup of diced apples. They came out wonderful but next time I will make a little glaze with some apple juice and confectioners sugar.