Take advantage of good prices on fresh fruit in season for this wonderful dessert. It smacks of old-fashioned goodness. —Anna Minegar, Zolfo Springs, Florida
- 4 cups sliced peeled fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish.
- For topping, in a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in milk just until blended. Drop by spoonfuls over peach mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Apple Peach Cobbler in Taste of Home August/September 2008, p21
Reviews for Apple Peach Cobbler
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review