- 4 cups sliced peeled fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish.
- For topping, in a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in milk just until blended. Drop by spoonfuls over peach mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Apple Peach Cobbler
Sort By :
"I'm anxious to try this recipe, but after reading the reviews - I'll make the following adjustments: In order to correct the 'runniness' of the filling, I'll sprinkle in a T. of flour into the apple/peach mixture. (I always to this whenever I'm making an apple pie, so it isn't 'runny'. For the topping: I'll either cut down the flour down to 3/4 C., or add in a bit more milk. Hopefully, this will work...."
"Filling was very runny. Topping too thick"
"Peach filling was very runny, needed a thickener. Topping was pretty tasteless and a bit doughy. Disappointing."
"My sister gave me peaches from her tree and I had guest over and needed a quick dessert. This was a hit! Being in a hurry I choose not to peel the peaches and served with a chocolate chip ice cream as this is all I had in the freezer. They all loved it and even complimented the the chocolate chip ice cream as a great twist. I will certainly make this again and it makes enough for me to serve 8."
"My favorite cobbler recipe. works equally well with drained, canned peaches. the sause is YUMO. Aliena H."