Apple Peach Cobbler Recipe
Take advantage of good prices on fresh fruit in season for this wonderful dessert. It smacks of old-fashioned goodness. —Anna Minegar, Zolfo Springs, Florida
- 4 cups sliced peeled fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish.
- 2. For topping, in a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in milk just until blended. Drop by spoonfuls over peach mixture.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving with 1/4 cup ice cream equals 341 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 232 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC