My husband loves to wake up to a hearty breakfast. I lightened up a traditional pancake recipe I had in my files so we can enjoy the comforting flavor without all the fat and calories. —Fern Motzinger, Omaha, Nebraska
- 2 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tart apple, peeled and grated
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, sugar substitute, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In a small bowl, combine the egg substitute, milk and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients. Fold in apple.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot skillet coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Apple Pancakes in Country Woman March/April 1997, p36
Reviews for Apple Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review