Apple Pancakes with Cider Syrup Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup finely chopped peeled apple
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, separated
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup apple cider or juice
- 1 cinnamon stick (1-1/2 inches)
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Additional butter, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; stir in apple and raisins. Combine the buttermilk, egg yolk, butter and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients. In a small bowl, beat egg white until soft peaks form; fold into batter.
- Pour batter by heaping 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and cider until smooth; add cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Discard cinnamon stick. Stir nutmeg into syrup. Serve pancakes with warm syrup and additional butter if desired. Yield: 6 pancakes (2/3 cup syrup).
Reviews for Apple Pancakes with Cider Syrup(12)
Sort By :
I added finely chopped walnuts. Delicious!
A requested breakfast in the fall
The pancakes are wonderful. The syrup is way too sweet. Will be changing that recipe around a bit I think.
i havent yet made this but was wondering what the sugar content is...my husband has chrons and i have to keep it healthy you know.
Being a Weight Watcher, I wanted to keep my points down, so I didn't make the syrup. I think it was a mistake. It probably would've brought in more apple taste. Next time, I will make the syrup. W/O it, the apples were kinda so-so. It needs the apple cider in the syrup. (I also didn't seperate the egg. :-> It was OK.)
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Breakfast for Two >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes for Two >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Kids Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Pancakes >
- Syrup Recipes >