- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; stir in apple and
- raisins. Combine the buttermilk, egg yolk, butter and vanilla; stir
- into dry ingredients. In a small bowl, beat egg white until soft
- peaks form; fold into batter.
- Pour batter by heaping 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with
- cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second
- side is lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and
- cider until smooth; add cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil over medium
- heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Discard
- cinnamon stick. Stir nutmeg into syrup. Serve pancakes with warm
- syrup and additional butter if desired.
- Yield: 6 pancakes (2/3 cup syrup).
Nutritional Facts: 3 pancakes with 1/3 cup syrup (prepared with reduced-fat butter; calculated without additional butter) equals 492 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 116 mg cholesterol, 605 mg sodium, 101 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 12 g protein.