- 2 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tart apple, peeled and grated
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, sugar substitute, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In a small bowl, combine the egg substitute, milk and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients. Fold in apple.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot skillet coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Apple Pancakes
Sort By :
I have not made this recipe, but I will. I don't use biscuit mix of any kind. I have a fantastic hot cake recipe I would use, and add the cinnamon and vanilla, and the grated apples. Maybe some apple pie spice would be very good also. I have also added grated potatoes to my pancake batter for a different recipe and taste.
Me and my college friends love these! We cooked them on a griddle and they turned out very well. We don't use any substitutes either, but we're college kids. Thanks for the great recipe!
My 4 year old granddaughter is a pancake lover. I made these for her and now no matter breakfast, lunch or dinner, she asks "gammom" to make the apple pancakes using this recipe. I also used the regular ingredients instead of low fat, or sugar free. These are fantastic!!!!!!
me again- rate was 5 stars,but there are no stars to rate with :D ha
we didn't grate apple probably will next time. o and we did it the fattening way, no subs, REAL STUFF like eggs and sugar yummmmy:)