Apple Pancake Tier Recipe
When our two college-age sons come home, they request their favorite apple pancake recipe. I especially like to make it in the fall...after my husband and I have purchased our usual 4 bushels of apples!
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 to 7 cups sliced peeled tart apples (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Confectioners' sugar and ground cinnamon
- 1. In a bowl, beat eggs until fluffy. Add milk. Combine flour, salt and cinnamon; add to egg mixture and mix well. Brush 3 tablespoons butter on sides and bottom of three 9-in. pie pans (using 1 tablespoon in each pan). Divide batter evenly between the pans. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden and puffy.
- 2. Heat remaining butter in a skillet. Saute apples for 10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in sugar and continue cooking for 5 minutes or until apples are tender. Drain, reserving juice. Sprinkle apples with lemon peel.
- 3. When pancakes are done, stack on a serving plate in this order: one pancake and a third of the apples. Repeat layers. Dust with confectioners' sugar and cinnamon. Pass reserved apple juice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece: 355 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 244mg cholesterol, 475mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein .
Reviews for Apple Pancake Tier
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC