Apple Pan Goody Recipe
We enjoy this tasty breakfast almost weekly. It's a recipe I found years ago and adapted to my family's taste. The servings are generous and satisfy everyone—even voracious teenagers.—Jeanne Bredemeyer, Orient, New York
- 4 to 5 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Maple syrup, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the apples, cranberries, brown sugar and 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon in butter until apples begin to soften, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- 2. In a blender, combine the eggs, orange juice, flour and salt; cover and process until smooth. Pour over apple mixture. Sprinkle with sugar and remaining cinnamon.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve with syrup if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 316 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 171 mg cholesterol, 316 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Apple Pan Goody
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC