We enjoy this tasty breakfast almost weekly. It's a recipe I found years ago and adapted to my family's taste. The servings are generous and satisfy everyone—even voracious teenagers.—Jeanne Bredemeyer, Orient, New York
- 4 to 5 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Maple syrup, optional
- In a large skillet, saute the apples, cranberries, brown sugar and 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon in butter until apples begin to soften, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a blender, combine the eggs, orange juice, flour and salt; cover and process until smooth. Pour over apple mixture. Sprinkle with sugar and remaining cinnamon.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve with syrup if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Apple Pan Goody in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p259
Reviews for Apple Pan Goody
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review