- 4 to 5 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Maple syrup, optional
- In a large skillet, saute the apples, cranberries, brown sugar and 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon in butter until apples begin to soften, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a blender, combine the eggs, orange juice, flour and salt; cover and process until smooth. Pour over apple mixture. Sprinkle with sugar and remaining cinnamon.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve with syrup if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Apple Pan Goody
Sort By :
I tweaked this recipe as my husband doesn't like Orange juice flavored items. In addition I used Almond Flour in place of wheat which would make it Gluten Free and I also used Almond Milk in place of the orange juice and used Splenda Brown Sugar in place of the brown sugar. I added a couple ounces of pancetta and this really added flavor and made it taste like breakfast plus put a little more cinnamon than recipe called for....Yummy Yummy
This is a very delicious breakfast. I make this
as often as I can, and my whole family loves it.
I thought this was very tasty and very easy to make. I don't like cranberries so I just left those out. I will definitely make it again!
Loved how full of apples it was, but the egg/flour filling was like thick crepes that were badly made; it was gummy and felt "off". Next time I'll just make an apple pie with dried cranberries, because it really was almost too sweet.
Too sweet for a main dish for my family.