Apple Oven Pancake Recipe
Here's a puffed golden-brown pancake that always wins raves. It looks so pretty with a dusting of confectioners' sugar and apple slices peeking through. The oven-fresh aroma is tantalizing.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 3 large tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the apples, raisins, brown sugar, honey, cinnamon and nutmeg. Melt butter in a 12-in. ovenproof skillet. Add apple mixture to skillet; saute for 15 minutes or until tender.
- 2. In a blender, combine the eggs, milk, flour, sugar and salt; cover and process for 10 seconds or until smooth. Pour over apple mixture; gently lift apple mixture, letting egg mixture flow underneath.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until pancake is puffy and golden brown. Sprinkle with lemon juice and confectioners' sugar if desired. Cut into wedges. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 354 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 157 mg cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC