Here's a puffed golden-brown pancake that always wins raves. It looks so pretty with a dusting of confectioners' sugar and apple slices peeking through. The oven-fresh aroma is tantalizing.
Recommended: 38 Cast-Iron Skillet Recipes
- 3 large tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, raisins, brown sugar, honey, cinnamon and nutmeg. Melt butter in a 12-in. ovenproof skillet. Add apple mixture to skillet; saute for 15 minutes or until tender.
- In a blender, combine the eggs, milk, flour, sugar and salt; cover and process for 10 seconds or until smooth. Pour over apple mixture; gently lift apple mixture, letting egg mixture flow underneath.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until pancake is puffy and golden brown. Sprinkle with lemon juice and confectioners' sugar if desired. Cut into wedges. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Apple Oven Pancake in Country Woman March/April 2003, p29
Reviews for Apple Oven Pancake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 27, 2012
"very good and tasty"
Reviewed Jan. 31, 2011
"wasn't a fan. expected better."
Reviewed Mar. 18, 2009
"It was very good!!!"