Here's a puffed golden-brown pancake that always wins raves. It looks so pretty with a dusting of confectioners' sugar and apple slices peeking through. The oven-fresh aroma is tantalizing.
- 3 large tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, raisins, brown sugar, honey, cinnamon and nutmeg. Melt butter in a 12-in. ovenproof skillet. Add apple mixture to skillet; saute for 15 minutes or until tender.
- In a blender, combine the eggs, milk, flour, sugar and salt; cover and process for 10 seconds or until smooth. Pour over apple mixture; gently lift apple mixture, letting egg mixture flow underneath.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until pancake is puffy and golden brown. Sprinkle with lemon juice and confectioners' sugar if desired. Cut into wedges. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Apple Oven Pancake in Country Woman March/April 2003, p29
Reviews for Apple Oven Pancake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 27, 2012
"very good and tasty"
Reviewed Jan. 31, 2011
"wasn't a fan. expected better."
Reviewed Mar. 18, 2009
"It was very good!!!"