Apple Orchard Chicken Salad Recipe
“My husband and I love salads, and we especially love this one! The apple flavor really compliments the tender chicken and rich cheese,” says Debbie Purdue of Westland, Michigan. You'll love how quickly this elegant medley comes together!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 6 tablespoons thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons vanilla yogurt
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 cups chopped apples
- 1 small red onion, cut into rings
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 package (2-1/2 ounces) dried apple chips
- 1. Grill chicken on an indoor grill coated with cooking spray for 5-7 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 179°. Meanwhile, for dressing, combine the apple juice concentrate, oil and yogurt in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well.
- 2. On four plates, arrange the salad greens, apples, onion, pecans and cheese. Slice chicken; place over salads. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with apple chips. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Apple Orchard Chicken Salad
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2015
"I was not impressed, I may make it again but it is doubtful."
Reviewed Dec. 3, 2008
"The dressing is really tasty!I substituted raisins for the apple chips because they were cheaper and on-hand."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC