Apple Orchard Chicken Salad Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 6 tablespoons thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons vanilla yogurt
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 cups chopped apples
- 1 small red onion, cut into rings
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 package (2-1/2 ounces) dried apple chips
- 1. Grill chicken on an indoor grill coated with cooking spray for 5-7 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 179°. Meanwhile, for dressing, combine the apple juice concentrate, oil and yogurt in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well.
- 2. On four plates, arrange the salad greens, apples, onion, pecans and cheese. Slice chicken; place over salads. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with apple chips. Yield: 4 servings.
3 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Apple Orchard Chicken Salad
"I was not impressed, I may make it again but it is doubtful."
"The dressing is really tasty!I substituted raisins for the apple chips because they were cheaper and on-hand."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.