“My husband and I love salads, and we especially love this one! The apple flavor really compliments the tender chicken and rich cheese,” says Debbie Purdue of Westland, Michigan. You'll love how quickly this elegant medley comes together!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 6 tablespoons thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons vanilla yogurt
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 cups chopped apples
- 1 small red onion, cut into rings
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 package (2-1/2 ounces) dried apple chips
- Grill chicken on an indoor grill coated with cooking spray for 5-7 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 179°. Meanwhile, for dressing, combine the apple juice concentrate, oil and yogurt in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well.
- On four plates, arrange the salad greens, apples, onion, pecans and cheese. Slice chicken; place over salads. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with apple chips. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Apple Orchard Chicken Salad in Simple & Delicious September/October 2007, p53
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Apple Orchard Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2015
"I was not impressed, I may make it again but it is doubtful."
Reviewed Dec. 3, 2008
"The dressing is really tasty!I substituted raisins for the apple chips because they were cheaper and on-hand."