Apple Orange Bread Recipe
- 2 large tart apples, quartered
- 1 large unpeeled orange, quartered
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a blender or food processor, process apples, orange and raisins until finely chopped; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition; beat until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with orange juice. Stir in fruit mixture and nuts.
- Pour into three greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 3 loaves.
Reviews for Apple Orange Bread(5)
Sort By :
I have made this recipe and I really enjoyed making it, too! I admit that I did make adjustments on the recipe for my own tastes, but it is an excellent way to use up apples and oranges!
I have made this bread many times and it is one of my favorites. The flavor is oustanding. I always make sure to purchase an organically grown orange.
These are a nice hearty loaf, tasted great even though I forgot to add the lemon extract. I cut the recipe in half and made mini-loaves.
I made these yesterday and making more today everyone loved it!!!!
I used craisins instead of raisins. Make sure to wash apples and oranges thoroughly before making this. Very moist bread.