Apple Onion Saute
This tasty combination of apples, onions and brown sugar is a comforting side. “My husband requests it whenever we have pork chops or pork roast,” Katie Crill writes from Priest River, Idaho.
3-4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- In a small saucepan, cook onions and brown sugar in butter over
- medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes or until onions are tender. Stir in
- the apples, salt and pepper; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or
- until apples are tender. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 137 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 209 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.