Apple Onion Sausage Appetizers Recipe
This appetizer is both sweet and savory. The apples add freshness to the heavier sausage dish.—Diane Hixon, Niceville, Florida
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons apple jelly
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 8 ounces miniature smoked sausage links
- 1 small apple, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in apple jelly and brown sugar; add sausage links. Cook, uncovered, over medium-low heat for 15-20 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Add apple.
- 2. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes or until apples are tender. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve warm. Yield: 2-4 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 258 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 597 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC