Apple Onion Sausage Appetizers
This appetizer is both sweet and savory. The apples add freshness to the heavier sausage dish.—Diane Hixon, Niceville, Florida
2-4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons apple jelly
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 8 ounces miniature smoked sausage links
- 1 small apple, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in
- apple jelly and brown sugar; add sausage links. Cook, uncovered,
- over medium-low heat for 15-20 minutes or until thickened, stirring
- occasionally. Add apple.
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes or until apples
- are tender. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into
- saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until
- thickened. Serve warm. Yield: 2-4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 258 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 597 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.