Apple-Onion Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 lean boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups sliced red onions (1/2-inch slices)
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1. Sprinkle both sides of pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, brown chops in 1 tablespoon oil on both sides over medium-high heat. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, cook onions and apple in remaining oil over low heat until golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- 2. Return pork chops to the pan. Add vinegar; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 18-20 minutes or until meat is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 300 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 383mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein Diabetic Exchanges:3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit, 1 fat
Reviews for Apple-Onion Pork Chops
"Not bad, but nothing extraordinary either."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer