Apple-of-Your-Eye Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 16 squares)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping, divided
- Sweetened whipped cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the crackers, sugar, pecans and cinnamon; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of a lightly greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Place pan on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in vanilla. Pour over crust. Toss apples with lemon juice, sugar and cinnamon; spoon over filling. Return pan to baking sheet.
- 3. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Drizzle with 4 tablespoons caramel topping. Cool for 1 hour. Chill overnight.
- 4. Just before serving, garnish with whipped cream. Drizzle with remaining caramel; sprinkle with pecans. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 282 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 189mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Apple-of-Your-Eye Cheesecake
"I'm not a huge cheesecake fan, but this one is superb. An absolutely lovely dessert."
"This is one of the best cheesecakes I've ever eaten! I love the apple topping, and the fact that it is not too rich or sweet. This is definitely tops!"
"This receipe started our love of making cheesecakes. I won a baking contest at church with this recipe. It was fun watching the judges asking for seconds!"
"Another keeper! I make this recipe for many occasions, my son asks for this in lieu of a traditional birthday cake. Additionally, I will have to say, when I make this for our church action every fall it brings in the highest bid almost every year!"
"This is one of the best and easiest cheesecake recipes. I make this when I need to take an impressive dessert to a get together. Its always a hit"
"Apple and Caramel pair together beautifully."
"One of my favorite cheesecake recipes! the pecan crust is especially good!"
"Loved this, would make again and again :)"
"This is my husband's favorite, although I cut some of the sugar in it. I've made it with Splenda, as well, and it turned out excellently. I use Granny Smith apples for a tarter experience."
"wonderful! my sister who hates cheesecake gobbled this up! it's easy prep and great combination of apples/caramel. I will definitely make this again."
"Oh WOW! Easy to make and absolutely delicious! I failed to follow the instructions on making the filling - I threw everything in and started mixing. But it still came out beautifully! I used gala apples since those were the ones we had on hand - my family likes the sweet apples. My kids haven't gotten a taste of the cheesecake, but my husband and I have. Absolutely delicious!"
"Cheesecakes never turn out for me. Apple-of-Your-Eye Did:)!!!! This was easy and delicious, and For Sure will make it again. Next time double it, as I ran out last time..."
"The problem with this cheesecake is that even people who claim to not like cheesecake, like this one. I'm always asked to bring this one to potlucks--it's excellent, but, well, I like to try new recipes. See if you have this problem.LOL"
"This recipe is fabulous! Brought it into work and it was completely destroyed. I highly recommend using granny smith apples. The tartness against the sweetness of the caramel and creamy cheesecake was perfect. Will probably make this for fourth of july and Thanksgiving for now on."
"This was the first cheesecake i have ever made and it was so easy. My husband also said it was the best cheesecake he has ever had"
"I have made this cheesecake for almost every holiday or outing. It is a terrific recipe. Even those that do not care for cheesecake, find it very good!"
"I haven't tried the recipe yet and plan on making them soon for my Pastor, I'm curious as to what kind of apple did you use for this one? "
"this does sound good."
"this was a delicious cheesecake, my family loved it!!(and it actually does tell you to bake @ 350, for the crust, then says to leave the oven on)I omitted the nuts for allergic reasons & it was amazing, will definitely use this one again!!"
"in reading the recipe/does not tell the temp. of the oven- just assume it is 350??sounds heavenly!"