Apple Oatmeal Crisp Recipe
- 6 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1. In a bowl, toss apples with sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Place in an ungreased 8-in. square microwave-safe dish. Sprinkle with water. In another bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, salt and remaining cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apples. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 7-9 minutes or until apples are tender. Yield: 5 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 257 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 135 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fruit, 1 fat.
Reviews for Apple Oatmeal Crisp
"They probably forgot to list the oats in the recipe. I'm making it and I'm adding 1/2 cup old fashioned oats to the flour mixture. I'm sure it will work. I'm also going to bake it rather than microwave it. I'll bake it for 50-60 minutes at 350."
"It sounds really good but it doesn't call for any oats. Unsure why it's "Apple OATMEAL Crisp""
"I made it for guest and everyone loved it. I'm making it again today. I like the fact that it saves energy."
"I substituted 1/2 the flour with quick-cooking oats."