- 6 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- In a bowl, toss apples with sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Place in an ungreased 8-in. square microwave-safe dish. Sprinkle with water. In another bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, salt and remaining cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apples. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 7-9 minutes or until apples are tender. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Apple Oatmeal Crisp
"It sounds really good but it doesn't call for any oats. Unsure why it's "Apple OATMEAL Crisp""
"I made it for guest and everyone loved it. I'm making it again today. I like the fact that it saves energy."
"I substituted 1/2 the flour with quick-cooking oats."