- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup finely chopped peeled apple
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oats, brown sugar and cinnamon. In a small bowl, combine the egg, applesauce, apple and raisins. Stir into oat mixture and mix well.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews for Apple Oatmeal Cookies
"I made these and they were great. My husband loved them and these were keepers. I also made a batch with pineapple upside down mix with the zest of one orange. They were marvelous!"
"Yummy--so soft and moist!"
"made 1 batch and my family liked so much that I made another to take to our sr. hal. party next thurs. definitely a keeper. really easy to make. mixed by hand even tho arthritis in hands bad."
"Fair at best..."
"good cookie, very moist, but I think I will add pecans the next time I make them."
"Just finished making these. They are just OK. They never flattened out like the picture."
"CASNIP if u don't have applesauce on hand why not make some? Peel, chop, cook and mash 2 1/2 to 3 medium apples for 3/4 cup. Not sure if it's necessary but I'd cool it in the freezer in order to avoid cooking any of the egg."
"Yummy and easy to make"
"Very good. Only change I made was to replace the raisins with butterscotch chips. My husband couldn't stop eating them!"