- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup finely chopped peeled apple
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oats, brown sugar and cinnamon. In a small bowl, combine the egg, applesauce, apple and raisins. Stir into oats mixture and mix well.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews for Apple Oatmeal Cookies
Sort By :
Easy to make and yummy! My kids love them.
My son won Cookie Competition with this recipe!!! His Boy Scout troop held a Christlmas cookie competition, boys had to make the recipe on their own. Instead of using a yellow cake mix he choose a limited edition Pillsbury Carmel Apple cake mix. It tasted just liike an apple crisp dessert. The cookies were moist and very flavorful. Kids and adults alike loved this cookie. We made our cookies slightly larger, so we did not get 5 dozen. Try this recipe with any seasonal cake mix!!!
These cookies are really terrific! These are simple to make and truly worth the effort.
very yummy- I must have made them too big because I only got 49! Didn't use raisins just added more apples- next time I am going to add cranberries!
I've made these 2x. The second time, I made the batter without cut up apples then scooped 1 doz cookies, then added cut up apples, another dozen, then raisins, and finally finely crushed walnuts. It was just a little something for everyone's taste that everyone seemed to appreciate.