- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup finely chopped peeled apple
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oats, brown sugar and cinnamon. In a small bowl, combine the egg, applesauce, apple and raisins. Stir into oat mixture and mix well.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews for Apple Oatmeal Cookies
"My husband who usually passes on cookies, went back for more! The only thing different I did was to use Butter Pecan cake mix. Adding chopped nuts in the future may be another option."
"I've made several versions of cake mix cookies, and we always enjoy them. No major changes to this one, except that I omitted the raisins because I didn't have any on hand. They'd be great with Spice cake mix and Craisins. They are good as is, but we took them over the top by sandwiching two of them together with some store bought cream cheese frosting that I added some cinnamon to."
"I made these and they were great. My husband loved them and these were keepers. I also made a batch with pineapple upside down mix with the zest of one orange. They were marvelous!"
"Yummy--so soft and moist!"
"made 1 batch and my family liked so much that I made another to take to our sr. hal. party next thurs. definitely a keeper. really easy to make. mixed by hand even tho arthritis in hands bad."
"Fair at best..."
"good cookie, very moist, but I think I will add pecans the next time I make them."
"Just finished making these. They are just OK. They never flattened out like the picture."
"CASNIP if u don't have applesauce on hand why not make some? Peel, chop, cook and mash 2 1/2 to 3 medium apples for 3/4 cup. Not sure if it's necessary but I'd cool it in the freezer in order to avoid cooking any of the egg."
"Yummy and easy to make"