Apple Oatmeal Cookies
I brought these yummy cookies to work and they were gone in
seconds. They’re a great snack and addictive, too! —Nicki Woods, Springfield, Missouri
60 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup finely chopped peeled apple
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oats, brown sugar and
- cinnamon. In a small bowl, combine the egg, applesauce, apple and
- raisins. Stir into oats mixture and mix well.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated
- with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until
- golden brown. Let stand for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks
- to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 57 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.