Sue Violette of Neillsville, Wisconsin sends these chewy snacks that are perfect packers. Take them with you on car trips, hikes, or pop them in the kids' lunch bags. And with lots of oats and apples, you'll have plenty of fruit and fiber in every bite.
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped peeled apple
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites, milk, oil and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, sugars, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; gradually add to egg white mixture and mix well. Stir in apple.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Apple Oatmeal Bites in Light & Tasty August/September 2007, p63
Reviews for Apple Oatmeal Bites
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review