Apple-Oat Breakfast Treats
"Our three grandsons gobble up these soft, chewy oatmeal cookies at breakfast with some yogurt and a glass of juice," writes Dolores Kastello of Waukesha, Wisconsin. "If you don't have pie filling handy, use jam to make the cookie's fruity topping," she suggests.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 to 1-1/4 cups apple pie filling
- In a bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients; add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 6 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten
- into 3-in. circles. Make a slight indentation in the center of each;
- top with a rounded tablespoonful of pie filling. Bake at 350°
- for 16-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 5
- minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 10
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 354 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 458 mg sodium,