Apple-Oat Breakfast Treats Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 to 1-1/4 cups apple pie filling
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 6 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten into 3-in. circles. Make a slight indentation in the center of each; top with a rounded tablespoonful of pie filling. Bake at 350° for 16-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 10 servings.
1 each: 354 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 458mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein
Reviews for Apple-Oat Breakfast Treats
"I pressed the oatmeal mixture into a oblong baking dish, put the apple pie filling on top and baked it. Very good breakfast bar-not too sweet. Goes great with a cup of tea. Thanks for this great recipe!"
"I found this recipe when I had some extra apple pie filling to use up. These are a great cookie and they are so big that they would make a great breakfast for my kiddos. I will make this again and maybe try different flavors of pie filling or jam. The apple is wonderful but there are so many other delicious possibilites!!!"