Apple-Oat Bran Muffins Recipe
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2/3 cup grated apple
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the egg white, buttermilk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apple.
- 2. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 375° for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 128 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Apple-Oat Bran Muffins
"I added grated carrots and another 1/2 tsp cinnamon."