"I love how light and tasty these muffins are," writes Grace Bryant of Merritt Island, Florida. "I make the batter ahead of time and it keeps very nicely in the fridge."
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2/3 cup grated apple
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the egg white, buttermilk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apple.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 375° for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Apple-Oat Bran Muffins in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009, p52
Reviews for Apple-Oat Bran Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 22, 2013
"I added grated carrots and another 1/2 tsp cinnamon."