Apple Nutmeg Rolls Recipe
Cinnamon and nutmeg add nice spice to these pinwheel rolls that are chockfull of apple chunks. Frozen bread dough lends to its fast preparation.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons whole milk
- 1. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 14-in. square. Spread with butter. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, walnuts, cinnamon and nutmeg; add apples and toss to coat. Sprinkle over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- 2. Roll up jelly-roll style; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices. Place cut side down in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Combine icing ingredients until smooth; drizzle over warm rolls. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 186 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 232 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC