Apple-Nut Tossed Salad
We love the light dressing over crunchy apples, walnuts and lettuce sprinkled with blue cheese.Maureen Reubelt, Gales Ferry, Connecticut
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 cups torn Bibb lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped apple
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 to 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, apple, onion, walnuts and blue
- cheese. In a large bowl, whisk the oil, mustard, sugar, salt and
- pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 128 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 63 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.