Apple-Nut Quick Bread
Every year when the apples are ready for picking, my husband says, "How about making a loaf of that apple bread?" This recipe featuring pecans came from a friend and has received many blue ribbons.
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/8 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, 1
- teaspoon cinnamon and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, 1-1/2
- cups sugar and oil. Stir in apples; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir
- into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- Pour into two greased and floured 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Combine
- remaining sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350°
- for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center
- comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to
- wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).