Every year when the apples are ready for picking, my husband says, "How about making a loaf of that apple bread?" This recipe featuring pecans came from a friend and has received many blue ribbons.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/8 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, 1-1/2 cups sugar and oil. Stir in apples; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- Pour into two greased and floured 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Originally published as Apple-Nut Quick Bread in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2007, p38
Reviews for Apple-Nut Quick Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 29, 2014
"This bread was tasty but very crumbly. It literally fell apart. I was going to take it to a friend but pulled a banana bread out of the freezer. I ate most of it, but I wouldn't make it again."