I added bran to a favorite apple muffin recipe I had to make it more nutritious. We enjoy these warmed for a quick breakfast.
- 1-1/2 cups wheat bran (Miller's Bran)
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 baking apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a mixing, combine the first five ingredients; mix well. Let stand for 10 minutes. Combine flour, sugars, baking powder and salt; add to the bran mixture. Stir well (the batter will be lumpy). Fold in apple and nuts. Spoon into 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups (cups will be full). Sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Apple Nut Muffins in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p73
Reviews for Apple Nut Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review