Apple Nut Crunch Recipe
This old family recipe smells wonderful as it bakes in the oven. And its taste is even more terrific than its aroma.
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups ice cream
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the egg. Combine sugar, flour, baking powder and cinnamon; add to egg and beat until smooth. Fold in apple, nuts and vanilla. Spoon into a greased 8-in. square baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 203 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 78 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC