This old family recipe smells wonderful as it bakes in the oven. And its taste is even more terrific than its aroma.
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups ice cream
- In a small bowl, beat the egg. Combine sugar, flour, baking powder and cinnamon; add to egg and beat until smooth. Fold in apple, nuts and vanilla. Spoon into a greased 8-in. square baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Apple Nut Crunch in Taste of Home October/November 1995, p19
Reviews for Apple Nut Crunch
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 28, 2009
"Making my first trip of the season to the local apple orchard tomorrow! I will definitely be trying this recipe."