This old family recipe smells wonderful as it bakes in the oven. And its taste is even more terrific than its aroma.
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups ice cream
- In a small bowl, beat the egg. Combine sugar, flour, baking powder and cinnamon; add to egg and beat until smooth. Fold in apple, nuts and vanilla. Spoon into a greased 8-in. square baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Apple Nut Crunch in Taste of Home October/November 1995, p19
Reviews for Apple Nut Crunch
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 28, 2009
"Making my first trip of the season to the local apple orchard tomorrow! I will definitely be trying this recipe."