Apple-Nut Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in apples and walnuts. Transfer to an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece: 298 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 268mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Apple-Nut Coffee Cake
"This is delicious and very simple. I only had bleached flour, and pecans, no walnuts; it turned out great! Thank you!"