Apple-Nut Coffee Cake Recipe
"My great-grandmother created this recipe, and it has been passed down through our family," shares Cyndi Martin of Montgomery, Illinois. Cinnamon nicely spices the moist snack cake that's made with tart apples, crunchy nuts and other everyday ingredients.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. YIELD:9 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in apples and walnuts. Transfer to an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 298 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 268 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC