Apple Nut Cake Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups diced peeled apples
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- Whipped cream or ice cream
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; add to creamed mixture (batter will be very thick). Stir in the apples, nuts.
- Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with just a few crumbs. Serve warm or cold with whipped cream or ice cream. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Apple Nut Cake
Sort By :
"This is a great recipe and very easy to make. Love it!"
"I made this cake with some leftover apples we had lying around. This cake is moist and flavorful and a snap to make. It's also yummy to have for breakfast. I highly recommend it!"
"Fabulous recipe. Would make it again any time. It's good hot, cold, with nothing or anything on top! Sprinkle a little cinn/sugar on top to get a crispy sweet crust. Very moist. My entire office loved it. A keeper for years to come."
"I wasn't that impressed with this recipe.. The cake was moist, but relatively uneventful. For me, the ice cream is what makes this dessert (and I'm not sure that's the point).."
"nice crunchy top and really moist inside. my husband could not stop eating it, after taking it to a potluck and it was a hit!"