Apple Nut Bread Recipe
Pens June Mullins of Livonia, Missouri, "A friend brought a loaf of this bread to a ladies' church meeting at my house. It was still warm from the oven - what a mouthwatering aroma! My family likes the nutty texture and fresh apple flavor."
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 cup grated peeled apple
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and 1 cup sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Stir in apple and nuts.
- 2. Pour into a greased and floured 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 226 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 221 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Apple Nut Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC